[OSM-talk] [Spam] Re: Is OSM Mapper ready for 0.6? (was Re: DisablePotlatch finally)

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Wed Dec 17 10:06:37 GMT 2008

On Wed, December 17, 2008 10:57, Peter Miller wrote:
> For the avoidance of doubt, is the format of the planet file changing
> or does this just affect the API between editors and the DB?

IIRC, the format for .osm files will be *very* *similar*. The only
differences will be that, instead of usernames, you'll get user IDs.
Supposedly, you'll get the ID-username mapping at the beginning of the
file (so you can cross-reference or search-and-replace to your hearts'
content).

The node-way-relation stuff, and tags, won't be touched.

Stay tuned for the final specifications of the 0.6 API, as I might be wrong.

Cheers,

Un ordenador no es un televisor ni un microondas, es una herramienta
compleja.