[OSM-talk] Is OSM Mapper ready for 0.6? (was Re: Disable Potlatch finally)

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Wed Dec 17 11:09:21 GMT 2008

On Wed, December 17, 2008 11:15, Richard Fairhurst wrote:

> Iván Sánchez Ortega-3 wrote:
>> AFAIK, the 0.6 API requires a comment when opening a changeset (I might
>> be wrong on this
>
> You are. :)

D'oh! :-)

> If you think through how an online editor would interact with API 0.6
> (hey, it would be really good if someone did that) then the user, should
> they wish, can just close their window and bugger off without expressly
> closing the changeset and leaving a comment.

Well, everybody knows that Potlach <troll> NEEDS a save button </troll> so
it can ask the user for the comment.

Or just leave a default "user closed the session unexpectedly" or
something like that. I'm thinking about the use case when somebody pulls
the plug from the computer.

Un ordenador no es un televisor ni un microondas, es una herramienta
compleja.