[OSM-talk] Is OSM Mapper ready for 0.6? (was Re: Disable Potlatch finally)

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Wed Dec 17 11:46:44 GMT 2008

Iván Sánchez Ortega wrote:
> Well, everybody knows that Potlach <troll> NEEDS a save button </troll> so
> it can ask the user for the comment.

Heh. It does ask the user for the comment if you manually close the
changeset.

Of course, if Potlatch did have a save button, there's nothing to say that
'save' needs to correlate to 'close changeset'. You could have several saves
within one changeset.

> Or just leave a default "user closed the session unexpectedly" or
> something like that. I'm thinking about the use case when
> somebody pulls the plug from the computer.

Sure. But Potlatch doesn't have any way to differentiate "user pulled the
plug from the computer" from "user deliberately closed the browser window".
I could add a tag on opening the changeset (say "closed_by_user=no") and
delete it if/when the user closes the changeset, but I'm not sure what use
it'd be.

cheers
Richard