[OSM-talk] Is OSM Mapper ready for 0.6? (was Re: Disable Potlatch finally)

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 12:00:28 GMT 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Frederik Ramm
> The editor is another matter; JOSM will not allow uploads without a
> commit message.

What ? I'm very surprised about that. On Mediawiki, it's optional and
if you look history, you see that many people don't write comments.
And if you look my wiki contributions, I sometimes write comments and
sometimes not. Adding unnecessary constraints will not the project
easier for newcomers. If you make it as an obligation in JOSM, you
will see comments like "safhsihufwieu" which will not help and just
make some contributors like me irritated.
Please, please, please, forget this idea of making comments an obligation.

Pieren