[OSM-talk] Is OSM Mapper ready for 0.6? (was Re: DisablePotlatch finally)

Gert Gremmen g.gremmen at cetest.nl
Wed Dec 17 12:27:33 GMT 2008

But we might consider creating
a dropdown box with frequent
messages like:

error corrected in tag:
new mapped area:
more accurate positioning:
Beatification of data:
added waters:
routing data:
added POIs:

to populate the comment box and
of course stimulate users to do so
by clearly explaining the relevance.

Gert Gremmen

Openstreetmap.nl  (alias: cetest)

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: talk-bounces at openstreetmap.org
[mailto:talk-bounces at openstreetmap.org] Namens Pieren
Verzonden: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 1:00 PM
Aan: Frederik Ramm
CC: talk at openstreetmap.org; Richard Fairhurst
Onderwerp: Re: [OSM-talk] Is OSM Mapper ready for 0.6? (was Re:
DisablePotlatch finally)

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Frederik Ramm
> The editor is another matter; JOSM will not allow uploads without a
> commit message.

What ? I'm very surprised about that. On Mediawiki, it's optional and
if you look history, you see that many people don't write comments.
And if you look my wiki contributions, I sometimes write comments and
sometimes not. Adding unnecessary constraints will not the project
easier for newcomers. If you make it as an obligation in JOSM, you
will see comments like "safhsihufwieu" which will not help and just
make some contributors like me irritated.
Please, please, please, forget this idea of making comments an
obligation.

Pieren