[OSM-talk] Is OSM Mapper ready for 0.6? (was Re: Disable Potlatch finally)

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Wed Dec 17 12:24:13 GMT 2008

On Wed, December 17, 2008 12:46, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
>> Or just leave a default "user closed the session unexpectedly" or
>> something like that. I'm thinking about the use case when
>> somebody pulls the plug from the computer.
>
> Sure. But Potlatch doesn't have any way to differentiate "user pulled the
> plug from the computer" from "user deliberately closed the browser
> window".

IIRC, you could catch the "onunload" event of the browser window via
javascript and tell potlach. Yes, I know this should go to the -dev
mailing list (and that patches are welcome, etc).

> I could add a tag on opening the changeset (say "closed_by_user=no") and
> delete it if/when the user closes the changeset, but I'm not sure what use
> it'd be.

Maybe knowing what to blame when data goes corrupt.

Un ordenador no es un televisor ni un microondas, es una herramienta
compleja.