[OSM-talk] Is OSM Mapper ready for 0.6? (was Re: Disable Potlatch finally)

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Wed Dec 17 16:21:27 GMT 2008

John McKerrell wrote:

> Ah yes, you did mention that the other day. Surely it would only make
> the noise when you tried to unload the page though which wouldn't be
> so bad?

Well, the way it works at the moment (in sane browsers) is that Potlatch
sends a message via JS every time the dirty flag is set/unset - so the JS
dirty variable is always up-to-date. That's what causes the click, and
that's why it happens regularly throughout editing.

onBeforeUnload appears to have (sensibly) too many safeguards built in to
allow Potlatch to refuse a window close (for the user to enter a comment),
though I might be missing something.

Suggest we continue this one on IRC or private mail. :)

cheers
Richard