[OSM-talk] Rendering of Place Names in Mapnik

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 15:59:39 GMT 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 4:29 PM, Iván Sánchez Ortega
<ivan at sanchezortega.es> wrote:

>> > Or use the admin_level tag.
>>
> So, "cultural_level" tag?

Nothing more subjective ? ;-)
Say the truth : we need a tag for rendering in case of name collision
when the category (city) and admin_level (county seat) are the same
(forget population which is even worst in this example).
Just an idea : why not reusing the tag "layer" applying for same place levels ?
San Francisco node: layer=1
Daly City node: (layer can be ommited)

Pieren