[OSM-talk] [Spam] Re: Is anyone making public transport routing mapsbasedon OpenStreetMap data?

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 19 16:55:25 GMT 2008

Peter Miller wrote:
> Agreed. And I notice that Mikel Maron is involved in the
> OpenTransitData project you refer to that is trying to free up this
> data.

http://opentransitdata.org

A simple start, cataloging the degree of openness of their transit data .. from not available at all, to in google transit, to data in the commons. The community of developer/activists can use this to approach transit agencies and lobby for more open release of schedules.

http://opentransitdata.org/wiki/index.php?title=Public_Transit_Openness_Index

Wiki was the easiest way to start. A simple web app would probably capture this more effectively! Building on GTFS Data Exchange makes sense, though I haven't reached out to the developers there yet.

Comments and help welcome!

-Mikel