[OSM-talk] Is anyone making public transport routing maps basedonOpenStreetMap data?

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Fri Dec 19 20:56:03 GMT 2008

On 18 Dec 2008, at 17:28, Joe Hughes wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 2:41 AM, Hugh Barnes <list.osm at hughbris.com>
> wrote:
>> I can sympathise with your pragmatism, and was starting realise that
>> must be what's behind your choice. Sad but true. I still think while
>> you can accept CSV, you should want to cast into XML pretty soon to
>> make it nice to work with. Ultimately, it's possibly not that
>> important.
>
> [snip]
>
> Additionally, Nick Knowles and our own Peter Miller have done some
> interesting work attempting to reconcile the implicit GTFS data model
> with TransModel--Peter, is your latest document publicly available
> online somewhere?  Devising an XML schema that allowed lossless
> conversion to and from GTFS would be an interesting project.

We have now uploaded the paper Joe refers and also a powerpoint
presentation that summarises the key points for a standards audience.

It was prepared for discussion in the CEN and ISO standards community
- the whole issue of data standards and the interchange of PT data is
being discussed at ISO at present, and there is a parallel proposal
within CEN for a new European XML timetable exchange schema to replace
a number of national and proprietary standards.

http://www.transmodel.org.uk/index.htm

Regards,

Peter