[OSM-talk] Some more shops and amenities for the map features page ...

Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 18:51:27 GMT 2008

2008/12/20 David Earl <david at frankieandshadow.com>:

> But it's only a name. Now its there, why not just go with the flow?

To go with the flow wouldn't be tragic. Thousands of German mappers
have to tolerate the fact that we don't use highway=autobahn. But in
this instance, we have something like 26% doctor, so there seems to be
a need to retag anyway. Doing so in a way that makes it easier for
mappers to remember the schema will help.

For me, "dentist" makes sense. So does "doctor". So does "surgery" or
"medical_practice", if we want to acknowledge that there may be more
than one medical professional on site. But "doctors" seems to be a
poor fit.

Dermot