[OSM-talk] Some more shops and amenities for the map features page ...

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Sat Dec 20 18:44:06 GMT 2008

On 20/12/2008 18:29, Dermot McNally wrote:
> It's "doctors" that puzzles me. Why not "doctor"?

or surgery or medical_practice or any number of other variants

> I know that you are
> reporting reality here, but maybe we have a chance now to document a
> more consistent set of tags and perhaps the (possibly few) mappers
> already using "doctors" would be prepared to retag.

I've used doctors consistently because that was what was on Map_features
when I started (must have been removed along the way sometime) and IIRC
it was rendered on osmarender at least. doctor wasn't. I'm sure there
was some logic to it in the mists of time ("going to the doctors"? more
than one doctor at most practices?

But it's only a name. Now its there, why not just go with the flow?

David