[OSM-talk] Freemap is dead, long live OpenFootMap (and a hosting question)

spaetz osm at sspaeth.de
Sun Dec 21 09:31:49 GMT 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 05:45:00PM -0500, Matthias Julius wrote:
> Maybe we could consider to integrate other map layers into T at H.  All
> the render job handling could be done by the T at H server and either the
> clients upload each tileset to a server as specified in the config or
> tah hands the tilesets over to the other tile servers.  The latter
> would probably be better if bandwidth is not an issue.

I don't know the numbers but on hypercube, t at h was using about 6TB/month (that was only a very rough estimation quite some time ago). So, while distributing render requests for additional layers shouldn't be a problem, I'd rather have those directly uploaded to a separate server rather than having to forward all files.