[OSM-talk] Indiscrimate layering

"Marc Schütz" schuetzm at gmx.net
Sun Dec 21 13:11:51 GMT 2008

> Doesn't layer=-1 mean that something should be 'below' the landuse
> polygons when rendering?  So if you have a river at level=-1 on a
> landuse=farm, then you will never see the river because it's under the
> (default layer=0) ground.

No, landuse isn't a physical feature, but a logical one. Renderers should always draw landuse areas below all other things.

> In fact, I'm surprised the robot didn't automatically add a tunnel=yes
> to the rivers that were tagged layer=-1...  (which would probably be
> valid for those cases where a stream just goes through a pipe to get
> under the road - that could hardly be described as 'a bridge')

I'm often unsure about these, too. I usually use tunnel for those with pipes, and bridge for, well, "real bridges".

Regards, Marc

--
Sensationsangebot verlängert: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K1308T4569a