[OSM-talk] I've added some amenity values to "Map Features" based on tag usage

OJ W ojwlists at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 21 15:17:35 GMT 2008

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 3:25 PM, elvin ibbotson
<elvin.ibbotson at poco.org.uk> wrote:
> I was taught that apostrophes should be used in two cases: to indicate a
> missing letter and to indicate possession,

The 3rd common usage being to catch anyone who forgets about escaping
in their parser or when generating xml files...

having a tag like amenity=doctor's would at least cause such systems
to fail earlier, by putting quote marks into a tag in common usage ;)