[OSM-talk] [Talk-ca] Northern lights

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Mon Dec 29 15:41:52 GMT 2008

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 03:08:36PM +0000, michcasa at gmail.com wrote:
>> There just was a discussion on dev about a single way with 40.000 nodes.
>>
>> That is far too long to be able to handle it with current software and
>>
>> makes lots of problems. Are you maybe referring to that? Ways should not
>>
>> have more than 1000 nodes or so.
>>

> Yes we are. The current ways we are talking about may have more than 40
> 000 nodes. I would like to delete them and replace them by chopping the
> ways.
>
> Do you known how I could delete the current ones at once. I thought about
> something like: SELECT boundary FROM ways WHERE
> (boundary='administrative' AND admin_level=4 AND source='geobase'). The
> number we should get is 503 ways.

When you uploaded those ways you should have gotten the new way_id. If
you didn't record this but remember on which day you did the upload you
can download the right daily or hourly diff (from
http://planet.openstreetmap.org/) and find the IDs in there. (And record
the IDs the next time you do a bulk upload for cases like this.)

Jochen