[OSM-talk] Maritme borders

Steven te Brinke s.tebrinke at student.utwente.nl
Wed Dec 31 09:44:26 GMT 2008

The maritime borders clearly are administrative and probably are
admin_level 2. However, on the wiki Iceland has defined the EEZ to be
admin_level 1. I think it should be possible to distinguish country
borders from maritime borders, so IMO these borders should have an
additional border_type tag (or something similar) and we should clearly
define the admin_level of these borders.

Steven

PS The incorrect tagged country border of the Netherlands mentioned by
Gustav is the province border (1 km of the coast). Unfortunately the
official publication of the Dutch maritime borders is licensed.