[OSM-talk] Template:<Key> and Template:<Tag> pages in OSM-Wiki

Hakan Tandogan hakan at gurkensalat.com
Mon Feb 4 10:24:55 GMT 2008

On Mon, February 4, 2008 01:13, Robin Paulson wrote:
> On 04/02/2008, Hakan Tandogan <hakan at gurkensalat.com> wrote:
>
>> Actually, I'm talking about creating a Map_Features page where new
>> values for given keys (e.g. "highway", "shop") appear. The only part I'm
>>  complaining is that the Template only allows the "approved" values
>> whereas I'd like it to show the approved ones first and the
>> "semi-legal"
>> ones after a divider line.
>
> ok, i'm not sure i follow. what are semi-legal tags? or rather, what makes
> a tag semi-legal?

Only the fact that it is not mentioned in the Keys-overview (and perhaps
it wasn't voted upon).

There must have been a reason that someone removed a long list of shop
values from the main list at [Map_Features]. As far as I can see, Etric
took that truncated list from [Map_Features] and turned it into
[Key:shop].

Regards,
Hakan

--
The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering...