[OSM-talk] Mapping Canals

Steven te Brinke s.tebrinke at student.utwente.nl
Mon Feb 4 23:13:07 GMT 2008

IMO it should be possible to specify any of these things in meters too.
Because I'm a Dutch sailor and I use meters (heights and widths),
decimeters (depth) and nautical miles (distances). That's also the way
it's on my maps. I really have no idea how long an inch is (and the only
thing I know about feet is that my 6.5 meter boat is 22 feet). So I
really don't like it to specify units in feet and hope it will at least
be possible to use meters.

Steven