[OSM-talk] correctly mapping avenues

wiseLYNX wiselynx.naima at fastwebnet.it
Fri Feb 8 16:24:13 GMT 2008

Hi everybody,

my quest to map Torino continues, and yesterday I was gratified by
seeing the first update of the rendered map containing my work.

I have a question though. Torino is full of wonderful wide avenues, with
a central two way lane, and two one way lane on the sides. something
like this little ascii art:

<-- <-- <-- <-- <--
Tree Tree Tree Tree
<----- <----- <----
Tree Tree Tree Tree

To make things more complicated, central lanes are often double lanes,
there are often tramway rails, or buses reserved lanes; sometimes
cycleway tracks.

Any suggestion about how to render all this? Even an example of an
already done similar object could be useful.

thanks in advance,

Enrico