[OSM-talk] Continuous audio in JOSM on tracks without waypoints

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Feb 25 01:09:42 GMT 2008

Hi,

> OK, can be arranged I'm sure. How about '[' and ']' with '{' and '}' for
> next and last marker?

On a German keyboard these are on AltGr-7 to AltGr-0 which would make
them less than ideal. Maybe one could at least make them configurable?
All that Java accessibility stuff should make this easy... I think ;-)
never used it myself. Many so-called "multimedia keyboards" have these
extra audio buttons that can control a CD player app; if Java is cool
enough to hook into these (by configuration of course, not everyone
has them) that would be quite good probably.

I always wanted a general keyboard configuration option in JOSM
anyway, with all the modifier keys we have... something where all
functions have symbolic names and you can then assign keys to them.

> Assuming the system will let me do that - it wouldn't let me have
> the spacebar for the play /pause for reasons I don't understand.

Some key presses seem to be caught elsewhere, I had the same issue but
was unable to see through all the Swing stuff to find out where it's
lost.

Bye
Frederik