[OSM-talk] High Visibility Vests - Printed OSM

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Fri Feb 29 01:46:56 GMT 2008

Adam Schreiber wrote:
>>  In high quantities these are dirt cheap. Under a fiver even with the
>>  printing for 100 for instance.

> Are they just high-vis or do they have retro-reflective panels that
> would truely help with visability in situations without a lot of
> light?

Andy already mentioned that the ones in question are EN471 (professional
use) approved. I'd like to add that whenever ordering/buying
high-visibility clothing, you should check that they have the EN471
approval, because you can really get EN471 stuff for 5-10 euros a piece
easily. Or at least EN1150, those are meant for non-professional use.

The same goes for retro-reflective thingys, like those little swingers
you can wear on your sleeve when it's dark outside. The magic standard
there is EN 13356. I'm especially fond of the 3M stuff, they rock.

   Tapio