[OSM-talk] JOSM upload failure

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 4 16:41:41 GMT 2008

> All this is correct. The one thing you must NOT do is this:
>
> * enter lots of data
> * save
> * upload
> * upload stops due to network problem
> * quit JOSM
> * restart JOSM
> * load file
> * upload <-- NOT!
>
> Because your saved file does not contain information about what was
> uploaded and what wasn't, it will upload everything again, leading to
> duplication of items in the database.
>
> After a failed upload, either re-try the upload right away without
> quitting JOSM, or save your work AFTER the failed upload and then use
> the saved file in a later attempt.
>
> Bye
> Frederik

That's helpful, I was just sitting here keeping it open and going
Connection->Upload a moment later ( i figured it must have some thing to
know where it was at, but didnt want to save/quit)

Seems as soon as I get to the e-mail to ask if JOSM is okay, it starts
uploading again! Let's hope it all goes through this time...

--
Gregory
nomoregrapes at gmail.com
http://www.livingwithdragons.com