[OSM-talk] user comment to improve mkgmap [Fwd: OSM on Gramin for Metro Manila, Philippines}

Maning Sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 10:14:01 GMT 2008

Hi,

One GPS user sent me his comments on my OSM Philippines Garmin maps
[http://esambale.wikispaces.com/osmphil_gramin].

It could probably improve the mkgmap.

- no poi nor city index

- severely jagged lines (i know it comes from your compiler...), I had
a go at the osm compiler; it's fast!

- why a transparent map? sorry-osm compiler. on some units you can't
turn off the base map so your map will interfere with garmins base
map.

- size of 3013 is too high for older garmin units, they won't be
able to redraw fast enough

- automate installation process to GPS unit.

cheers,

maning