[OSM-talk] Adding vmap0 road data to OSM

Will Harrison williamnmharr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 22:55:06 GMT 2008

So there is some interest in the data? That's great! I'm not very familiar
with mapping or the tools used to edit OSM, so are there any ideas on what
would be the best way to add this data to OSM?

For example, is it possible to just take a "snapshot" of a certain area of
vmap0 data and basically lay it on top of the OSM map? Or could I do
something like save a certain area of the vmap0 data as a picture, then load
the picture into something like JOSM and create roads where I see roads in
the picture? Or do either of those ideas make sense?

Thanks,

Will