[OSM-talk] Betr.: Re: OSM needs a measure for completeness

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 12 23:54:56 GMT 2008

On 12/01/2008, mallok <lists at aragorn.de> wrote:

> Marking a place as complete is one discussion. I have been "wasting"
> thoughts on regular verification. How do we make sure that  we always stay
> informed about changes over time, sort of regular reviews?
>
> mallok

By using the data we are validating it.
And in promoting OSM I often respond to "how do I know it's right", well if
you use it and others do then you can spot any mistake. I guess it's just
like wikipedia with that.

Near home, I've even corrected something someone else did (the road name
changed a few months after it was first named) because I was trying out
using OSM maps on my phone.

--
Gregory
nomoregrapes at gmail.com