[OSM-talk] How to involve new people in OSM

Nick Black nickblack1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 16:58:03 GMT 2008

Edoardo,

In the UK we've found that regular local meet ups (doesnt have to
involve any mapping, just go to a pub/restarant) and mapping parties
have helped to grow the user base.  So announce a mapping party, give
people lots of time and then go to the pub afterwards.

Cheers,

On Jan 16, 2008 3:47 PM, Edoardo Marascalchi
<edoardo at edoardomarascalchi.it> wrote:
> Hi,
> i would like to have your tips on how to involve new people to the OSM
> project.
> In the last months i had some talks at Linux User Groups and i posted on
> forums about Navigators Devices.
>
> The result was the triplication of the userbase (see
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/category:Users_in_Italy) from 20
> to 62 people.
>
> I would know which goups you tried to contact and which feedback you had.
>
> We could, maybe, have a page on the wiki where share experiences about
> this topic
>
> Edoardo
> --
> Edoardo Marascalchi