[OSM-talk] tag proposal categories

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at web.de
Mon Jan 21 00:32:36 GMT 2008

Robin Paulson schrieb:
> in an effort to make it easier for people to comment and vote on
> current tag proposals, i've created a couple of new categories for the
> wiki:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Category:Tag_Vote_Open
> and
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Category:RFC_open
>
> these should be self-explanatory
>
> feel free to add them to any tags opened for comments/voting

Hmmm, fact is that both the dates on the proposed features nor the state
on a proposal page often get's updated - so it's pretty hard to get the
proposals actively worked on.

However, if we can agree to use *only* these categories to keep track of
the currently worked on proposals and remove all state info of the
proposals anywhere else, this might work.

So in future we have the current proposals page whith a huge amount of
"open proposals" in all possible states, and two pages for voting and
rfc proposals - this might be a far better way to go compared to what we
currently have.

Just my 2 cents,

Regards, ULFL