[OSM-talk] Potlatch on talk-de

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Jan 25 18:18:39 GMT 2008

Hi,

> Potlach frustration was the initial start of this thread. We are gone
> over this and are much further now! We just have forgotten to chnage the
> subject. Now it's more on "...should we develop a standard first, then
> go out and and go for a tag......" or. "...just go out , tag and later
> we will agree on some standard." So please do not disturb this discurs.

Stephan forgot to mention the liberal sprinkling of "if that's how you
want to do it then it is completely useless and I will play elsewhere".

Someone recently wrote that OSM is useless because it has no coverage
for South Dumbfuck. One should maybe add to this that OSM is also
useless because there's no guarantee to get ideal routing unless you
force strict tagging rules down the throat of every new mapper. And we
won't do with anything less than ideal - it is a mathematical problem
with a precise mathematical solution.

(Not my opinion in case it needs to be said - I'm just translating.)

OMG if Fake SteveC finds about this then he'll start talking of Teutotards.

Bye
Frederik