[OSM-talk] Kosmos v1.9 - poster printing OSM maps

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Jan 27 23:12:25 GMT 2008

Hi,

> As I promised a while back, Kosmos can now print OSM maps on multiple
> pages. For those interested more info is here:
> http://igorbrejc.net/openstreetmap/kosmos/kosmos-v19-printing-maps-inspecting-elements-and-more

I've tried to play around with Kosmos; with no source code being
available (hint, hint) I resorted to trying to run it under "mono".
The Kosmos.Gui.Exe application reports, rather unhelpfully:

Unhandled Exception: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException:
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. --->
System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: There is an error
in a configuration setting. () ()
  at
System.Configuration.CustomizableFileSettingsProvider.LoadPropertyValue
(System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyCollection collection,
System.Configuration.SettingElement element, Boolean allowOverwrite)
[0x00000]
  at
System.Configuration.CustomizableFileSettingsProvider.LoadProperies
(System.Configuration.ExeConfigurationFileMap exeMap,
System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyCollection collection,
ConfigurationUserLevel level, System.String sectionGroupName, Boolean
allowOverwrite) [0x00000]
  at
System.Configuration.CustomizableFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues
(System.Configuration.SettingsContext context,
System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyCollection collection) [0x00000]
  at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues
(System.Configuration.SettingsContext context,
System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyCollection properties) [0x00000]
  at
System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.CacheValuesByProvider
(System.Configuration.SettingsProvider provider) [0x00000]
  at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue
(System.String propertyName) [0x00000]
  at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item
(System.String propertyName) [0x00000]
  at Kosmos.Gui.Properties.Settings.get_MapFormLocation () [0x00000]
  at (wrapper managed-to-native)
  System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[])
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj,
  BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder,
  System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo
  culture) [0x00000] --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

(this was after I had fixed the "\\" that appeared in the config
file). So this doesn't seem to work. The CLI application starts up at
least:

Kosmos Console v1.9.27.2 by Igor Brejc
OpenStreetMap rendering application

USAGE:
Kosmos <command>

COMMANDS (choose one):
tilegen <Kosmos project file>: generates tiles containing OSM map
using the provided project file
tileserv <Kosmos project file>: runs a web tile service

-- how can I create a project file to try this out?

Bye
Frederik