[OSM-talk] Error while uploading with JOSM

Rob Reid rob at robreid.co.nz
Wed Jan 30 00:42:43 GMT 2008

Cristiano Giovando wrote the following on 30/01/2008 12:51:
> During the upload of a large osm file with JOSM, about 12k nodes and
> 500 ways, getting the following error message: "Error while parsing:
> An error occurred: Connection timed out: connect".
>
> Any idea? I tried to restart the upload, but it would not resume,
> instead restart from the beginning, to just stop again because of the
> same error.

Cristiano,  The error you are getting is correct in that JOSM is timing
out while trying to upload the  data.
Restarting the upload does actually resume the upload, its just that the
progress bar starts at the beginning again for the remaining data.
For example if you are uploading 12K nodes and it times out after 6K
nodes, then when you restart, the progress bar will begin again at the
start but appear to move faster as it now only covers the remaining 6K
nodes.

Cheers

rcr