[OSM-talk] Tag:highway=cycleway inconsistency

Florian Lohoff flo at rfc822.org
Thu Jul 3 19:50:22 BST 2008

On Thu, Jul 03, 2008 at 05:29:06PM +0100, Andy Allan wrote:
> If it's on a per-country basis, I don't mind - that's doable with some
> maths. If the default applies > 90% of the time, then that's fine too.
> The point that I get concerned about is if it's A 55% of the time and
> B 45% of the time and someone says that A should be default.
>
> So if the consensus is that it's almost always foot=yes (certainly is
> from my experience, to the 98th percentile) then we should go with
> that. And if it's just Germany that's different, then we can deal with
> that too.

I dont really care what the default is as long as the wiki page is very
clear about it.

Currently it says "implies: foot=yes" which does not match the sign
shown in the top right corner. Again it lists an example with the sign
telling foot/bicycle share the path and explicitly says "foot=yes" which
should be unnecessary as this is already implied.

So if it really implies "foot=yes" the bottom example is bogus and the
sign at the top right is bogus.

If it does imply "foot=no" it should say so in the right "implies:"
section.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                  flo at rfc822.org             +49-171-2280134
	Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little