[OSM-talk] Metro Manila Philippines needs some OSM love

John McKerrell john at mckerrell.net
Wed Jul 16 10:42:05 BST 2008

On 16 Jul 2008, at 10:03, John McKerrell wrote:

> On 15 Jul 2008, at 02:15, maning sambale wrote:
>

>>> The Cloudmade nonames tiles are available world wide now. (You need
>>> specifically select the correct layer, if the correct layer param
>>> isn't
>>> in the url).
>>
>> This is cool! Might be better to integrate with openstreetbugs so
>> non-members can add/correct names.
>
> Indeed, the page could definitely do with an edit link so that I can
> go straight through to potlatch though.

I realised the fact that I missed the edit link so much is because my
own map page that I normally use has one, so I've now added the "no
names" layer to it:

http://johnmckerrell.com/map/

Select "Mapnik" then click on the little arrow and select
"Highlighted". Edit link is in the top right, a location search is in
a drop down box at the top of the page. The page will store your
location in cookies, as well as in the hash, I find it useful to just
have this as a bookmark under "Map" :-)

I should probably point out that the aerial imagery is from Microsoft,
not Yahoo!, so shouldn't be used to derive stuff for OSM.

John

P.S. I've assumed it's ok for me to link to the tiles like this, if
anyone from Cloudmade can confirm this or tell me whether I need to
setup my own API key or whatever that would be useful.