[OSM-talk] Metro Manila Philippines needs some OSM love

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Wed Jul 16 12:19:33 BST 2008

John McKerrell wrote:
> [..]
> I realised the fact that I missed the edit link so much is because my
> own map page that I normally use has one, so I've now added the "no
> names" layer to it:
>
> http://johnmckerrell.com/map/
>
> Select "Mapnik" then click on the little arrow and select
> "Highlighted". Edit link is in the top right, a location search is in
> a drop down box at the top of the page. The page will store your
> location in cookies, as well as in the hash, I find it useful to just
> have this as a bookmark under "Map" :-)
>
> I should probably point out that the aerial imagery is from Microsoft,
> not Yahoo!, so shouldn't be used to derive stuff for OSM.

Might be worth adding a warning on your map page.
> John
>
> P.S. I've assumed it's ok for me to link to the tiles like this, if
> anyone from Cloudmade can confirm this or tell me whether I need to
> setup my own API key or whatever that would be useful.

You need to credit both CloudMade and OpenStreetMap when using the
CloudMade tiles. A good example is at:
http://maps.cloudmade.com/

You should also setup your own API Key. Each web site should have their
own API key. By going to http://cloudmade.com/signup and generating a
key for your site on your user page:
http://cloudmade.com/user/show

If you have any more questions please contact me off list.

Shaun