[OSM-talk] Fieldwork in Grenada

Gervase Markham gerv-gmane at gerv.net
Wed Jul 16 16:13:05 BST 2008

Gervase Markham wrote:
> At State of the Map, an initiative was started to improve our coverage
> of the Caribbean, as a little friendly competition with Google MapMaker.

There is now a wiki page about this effort here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/OSMFieldwork
Please fill it in with useful information. Some of the islands concerned
don't even have coastline yet.

Grenada is doing amazingly well - it's gone from this:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=12.149&lon=-61.677&zoom=12&layers=B00FTF
to this:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=12.1141&lon=-61.6849&zoom=12&layers=0B0FTF
(Note: this comparison won't work after Mapnik re-renders :-)

44 people have signed up; 16 more are needed for us to have enough money
to send someone to finish it off! Sign up if you haven't already :-)
http://www.pledgebank.com/osmfieldwork

Gerv