[OSM-talk] Using OSM maps in a mobile navigator

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Thu Jul 17 14:14:00 BST 2008

El Jueves, 17 de Julio de 2008, Fabrizio Giudici escribió:
> I've recently added support for OSM maps (BTW, it's the default
> provider) in an open source mobile navigator that I've developed. I'm
> guessing which is the best way to give credits to OSM in my
> application

Well, the current CC license specifies that the attribution notice has to be
reasonable to the medium.

In other words, if your mobile navigator has limited screen real state, you
may choose to display or not to display an OSM logo or copyright notice in
the main screen.

A simple splash screen with the logo and URL is fine. A notice on the "about"
section of your program (if you have it) is fine. However, please do link to
www.openstreetmap.org *and* either the license page on the wiki[1] or the
CC-by-sa license[2].

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Attribution
[2] http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/

As we have seen in The State of the Map last weekend, displaying the names of
all contributors can be a daunting task.

Cheers,
--

Proudly running Debian Linux with 2.6.24-1-amd64 kernel, KDE 3.5.9, and PHP
5.2.6-1 generating this signature.
Uptime: 15:04:35 up 38 days, 22:52,  4 users,  load average: 1.69, 1.09, 0.98