[OSM-talk] [tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Status (disused objects and objects under construction)

Tordanik osm at tobias-knerr.de
Sun Jul 20 12:28:48 BST 2008

Hi,

I’ve created a proposal for objects under construction and
disused/abandoned objects:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Proposed_features/Status

The proposal would make it possible to tag such objects as
status=construction/disused/abandoned/preserved

Examples:

* disused railway:
railway=[railway type]
status=disused
(Note that it is possible to specify the type of railway as usual –
unlike the railway=disused solution.)

* motorway under construction
highway=motorway
status=construction

* nuclear power plant under construction:
power=generator
power_source=nuclear
status=construction

Most importantly, the “status” tag could be applied to everything on the
map – including buildings, airfields, military bases etc. Thus, it would
be an easy and universal solution – until now we only have covered a few
cases with highway=construction and railway=disused/abandoned/preserved.

The proposal is in RFC status, so comments and suggestions are welcome.

Tordanik