[OSM-talk] Slippy map not working in Firefox

Etienne treasurer at openstreetmap.org
Wed Jul 23 12:49:39 BST 2008

Someone has emailed me to say that the slippy map at
www.openstreetmap.orgdoes not work in Opera nor Firefox/Iceweasel on
their Linux box.

They say that openstreetbugs.appspot.com does not work either.  However
informationfreeway does.

InformationFreeway uses an older version of OpenLayers so I'm wondering if
there's something in a newer version of OpenLayers that is the cause of
this.

Below is some info from them about their environment and the symptoms they
see.  Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions about what could be wrong?

Thanks.
80n

Java & javascript ENabled in Opera and Iceweasel(FireFox). Java path correct
and double-checked for Opera as:

/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/lib/i386

root at xxx:~ # uname -a
Linux xxx 2.6.26 #1 PREEMPT Mon Jul 21 09:11:54 AST 2008 i686 GNU/Linux

Openstreetbugs.appspot.com = NOT working in either browser.

> www.openstreetmap.org = NOT working in either browser.

I get all the framework and decoration, but just a white oblong where the
map should appear.
Hence, no navigations work either.
No javascript console errors.

 www.informationfreeway.org