[OSM-talk] Slippy map not working in Firefox

Steven Le Roux steven at le-roux.info
Wed Jul 23 12:58:21 BST 2008

2008/7/23 Etienne <treasurer at openstreetmap.org>:

> Someone has emailed me to say that the slippy map at www.openstreetmap.orgdoes not work in Opera nor Firefox/Iceweasel on their Linux box.
>
> They say that openstreetbugs.appspot.com does not work either.  However
> informationfreeway does.
>
> InformationFreeway uses an older version of OpenLayers so I'm wondering if
> there's something in a newer version of OpenLayers that is the cause of
> this.
>
> Below is some info from them about their environment and the symptoms they
> see.  Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions about what could be wrong?
>
> Thanks.
> 80n
>

> Java & javascript ENabled in Opera and Iceweasel(FireFox). Java path
> correct and double-checked for Opera as:
>
> /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/lib/i386
>

> root at xxx:~ # uname -a
> Linux xxx 2.6.26 #1 PREEMPT Mon Jul 21 09:11:54 AST 2008 i686 GNU/Linux
>
> Openstreetbugs.appspot.com = NOT working in either browser.
>
>> www.openstreetmap.org = NOT working in either browser.
>>

> I get all the framework and decoration, but just a white oblong where the
> map should appear.
> Hence, no navigations work either.
> No javascript console errors.
>
>  www.informationfreeway.org
>>

> = YES! Working fine in both browsers!
> Is that strange?
>
> :-/

No pb here with iceweasel in this version :

enezeussa:~# dpkg -l | grep iceweasel
ii  iceweasel                            3.0~rc1-1
lightweight web browser based on Mozilla

It works just fine with your both websites...

Do they have "ii      sun-java6-plugin
6-07-3                      The Java(TM) Plug-in, Java SE 6"   installed ?

--
Steven Le Roux
Jabber-ID : Steven at jabber.fr
0x39494CCB <steven at le-roux.info>
2FF7 226B 552E 4709 03F0 6281 72D7 A010 3949 4CCB