[OSM-talk] Josm: bug in Simplify Way?

Douglas Furlong douglas.furlong at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 20:52:59 BST 2008

> The simplify way action uses the Douglas-Peucker algorithm.  You can change
> its tolerance (in meters) by modifying the "simplify-way.max-error" preference
> (go to the preferences tab, click on the Einstein face, and click "Add").

> Only nodes that are within the tolerance of the simplified way are removed.
> Nodes that are used by other ways or relations are not removed either.

> By default it uses a tolerance of 50 meters, so if you want less points to be
> removed, you might want to set this to, say, 10 meters.

Hi

I just wanted to pipe up on this particular topic.

I've recently done a lot of travelling around Crete, and there are
quite a few brand new roads that need to be mapped.

A lot of the roads that I travelled on, I went both ways, and as such
have two trails back and forth.

Is there any way to get the simplify way to work out the middle of
those two lines?