[OSM-talk] Sub-national and regional mailing lists

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Jun 2 00:28:17 BST 2008

Hi,

> [Dodgy statistics warning ....]

There's a saying over here that goes "don't trust a statistics that
you haven't doctored yourself" or so ;-)

The reason I don't carry *all* countries of Europe at geofabrik.de
is that the "maproom" web site where I got the polygons from has
broken down before I could download them all. I'm trying to source
them from elsewhere.

> But from me at least - acknowledgement of excellent work of Frederik
> and his many colleagues in Germany - the leading OSM country

I'll pass it on ;-)

> [SOTM09 in Berlin?]

It is not unlikely that when the Foundation starts looking for a
2009 SOTM venue, there will be an application from Germany - albeit
perhaps not Berlin. But let's focus on Limerick first!

Bye
Frederik