[OSM-talk] openstreetmap

spaetz osm at sspaeth.de
Sat Jun 7 07:05:49 BST 2008

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Beginners%27_Guide
has all the links you need. (e.g. to http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Additional_Help)

> I won't have the time now to re-edit 200.000 WPs, but I would take the
> time to write a convert routine to make a bulk upload - if it doesn't
> require editing afterwards.

That won't be possible as many of your ways and POIS will be on the map already. So manual checking and selecting will be necessary. You will also want to make sure that your streets are connected to existing streets etc.

> I'd be glad to be a part of the community, and as far as I can tell after
> a few days of looking around at least 150.000 WPs of my collection are not
> in openstreetmap.org - yet.

Were those 200,000 POIs collected by you or derived from public domain sources? That sounds quite a lot of work for a single person!!!