[OSM-talk] OsmChange Files/Datasets.

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Tue Jun 10 05:32:39 BST 2008

The create/modify/delete "action" is applied at the node/way/relation
level.  There is no way of applying changes at a tag level.  When
osmosis receives a modified entity in the --apply-change task, it
replaces the existing entity with the new one.

So in other words if you wish to add tags you need to include all
existing tags in your modified entry.