[OSM-talk] SOTM weekend accommodation?

Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 09:43:04 BST 2008

2008/6/24 Gregory <nomoregrapes at googlemail.com>:

> I think Ryan Air's policy requires you to have a passport.

Only for online check-in (which, I admit, is fairly compelling).
Otherwise a driving licence is sufficient. The Garda National Bureau
of Immigration does force all arrivals through a thing they call
"Passport Control", but no UK or Irish citizen is obliged to show a
passport, or, in theory, to offer ID of any sort. Doesn't stop them
asking, though. Probably sounds like an impossibly vague documentation
requirement, right? This is what happens in countries with no ID card
system...

Dermot

PS: in a mad bid to get back on-topic, should we be trying to model
common travel areas (such as UK/IRL or Schengen) in some way?