[OSM-talk] License change? (was Re: Google Map Maker - press release)

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Thu Jun 26 09:32:17 BST 2008

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 11:55:09PM +0100, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> You can get it in PDF or RTF format at:
> http://svn.openstreetmap.org/misc/pr_material/releases/

"they can all use our data in any way they like"

Did we do the sane thing and relicense under a BSD style license whilst
I wasn't looking?

I thought we still had a license which could for instance force you to
give the source to your advert away under the ShareAlike license if the
advert contained an OSM derived map thus rendering it mostly useless for
small businesses and the people we should be targetting.

Did anything happen on the licensing issues since January?

--
 _        huggie at earth.li      -+*+-     fou, con et anglais      _
(_)     "But apart from the aqueduct, the sanitation and the     (_)