[OSM-talk] License change? (was Re: Google Map Maker - press release)

Thu Jun 26 09:39:58 BST 2008

Simon Huggins wrote:

> "they can all use our data in any way they like"
>
> Did we do the sane thing and relicense under a BSD style license
> whilst
> I wasn't looking?

:)

For the avoidance of 9873454567 following mails, could I please point
out that a mass-market press release is not meant to give an
exhaustive, comprehensive guide to every single bleeding aspect of
OSM. Rather, it simplifies the issues for people who have never heard
of us before... but should.

> Did anything happen on the licensing issues since January?

Steve's currently getting an independent review of the proposed
licence from a qualified lawyer prior to the next steps. News soon, I
hope.

cheers
Richard