[OSM-talk] zoom yahoo data in potlatch?

Andrew MacKinnon andrewpmk at gmail.com
Sat May 3 03:22:12 BST 2008

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 8:51 PM, Robin Paulson <robin.paulson at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/5/3 micha ruh <gnubold at gmail.com>:
>> in options, choose 'Aerial - OpenAerialMap' as background and you'll be fine
>
> hmm, i'm slightly baffled by that. the oam coverage for nz is
> appalling at best and as an aside, i'd be very surprised if it was
> better resolution than the yahoo imagery anywhere on the planet

You'd be better off using a screen magnifier application to zoom the
entire screen. On Windows, Mac and some distributions of Linux they
are built in. On Windows, use the built-in screen magnifier in
Programs > Accessories > Accessibility > Magnifier (instructions:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/accessibility/magnifierturnon.mspx)
On Mac, simply use Ctrl-scroll wheel up to zoom in (you might have to
enable a preference under the "Trackpad" tab of "Keyboard & Mouse
Preferences" to enable it). In Linux, use "Orca" in GNOME or
"KMagnifier" in KDE (your distribution probably has a way to enable
this through "Accessibility Preferences"). I have a Mac, and I do this
all the time to make tracing Yahoo imagery more accurate.