[OSM-talk] zoom yahoo data in potlatch?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sat May 3 03:40:42 BST 2008

On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 12:51:43PM +1200, Robin Paulson wrote:
> 2008/5/3 micha ruh <gnubold at gmail.com>:
> > in options, choose 'Aerial - OpenAerialMap' as background and you'll be fine
>
> hmm, i'm slightly baffled by that. the oam coverage for nz is
> appalling at best and as an aside, i'd be very surprised if it was
> better resolution than the yahoo imagery anywhere on the planet

In the majority of the world, OAM and Yahoo! imagery are the same --
both based on Landsat. The difference, in those areas, is that OAM will
display tiles far above "1:1" ratio, as opposed to just giving a 'no
data' message.

Additionally, I highly doubt you will see anything higher resolution
than
http://openaerialmap.org/map/?lat=37.79202&lon=-122.32715&zoom=21&layers=BF
in Yahoo! anywhere on the planet.

Regards,