[OSM-talk] SOTM 2008 travel and accommodation information

Mike Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Sun May 4 17:14:37 BST 2008

There's just one day more for early bird registration for OpenStreetMap's second international conference in Limerick, Ireland on the weekend of 12-13 July 2008.

Here's some info and links to help you plan your trip there. Feel free to improve/update the wiki pages if you can.

Registration
http://www.stateofthemap.org/registration/

SOTM 2008 Travel page
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/State_Of_The_Map_2008/Travel

Limerick is 25 km from Eire's Shannon International Airport and it is a 30-minute journey to Limerick by connecting bus running every hour throughout the day.
http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1202290116-51.pdf  Shannon Airport - Limerick Bus timetable

Do you want or can you offer a lift from Shannon,  Dublin or Cork airports?
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/State_Of_The_Map_2008/transport

The Kilmurry Lodge is our main venue and has accommodation available for our special rate of €70 single and €100 for double/twin per night including breakfast - email gillian at kilmurrylodge.com and quote “Open Street Map”
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=52.6689&lon=-8.5535&zoom=17&layers=0BFT

Other lower cost options nearby:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/State_Of_The_Map_2008/Accommodation

This WikiTravel link also has more on bus, train and car hire plus other accommodation options and what to see.
http://wikitravel.org/en/Limerick

And finally, did I mention Registration?  :-)
http://www.stateofthemap.org/registration/

See you there,
Mike