[OSM-talk] Users whose contributions are in the public domain

Vincent MEURISSE vincent.meurisse at gmail.com
Sun May 4 18:27:38 BST 2008

Sebastian Spaeth > thanks, I didn't know the legal list.

About problems with cc licenses, I agree with most of them and I think
that have a new licence can be good.

About PD users, I don't think it can be possible to use there work in
public domain.

The work from an author is most of time :
1 download data from osm serveur
2 make some work on the data
3 upload work

The step 2 is make a derivative work from downloaded data in 1. So the
new data can be used as PD only if all data from step 1 is PD. As
there is no way to be sure of that, I don't think there is a way to
use PD data.